Hello and Welcome!

Red House Books is going through a bit of a update!

I've always had a pretty clear vision of what I wanted this space to be but I've been detoured from my path by...lots and lost of other people's opinions and ways of doing things...

I'm committed to this little chunk of the interweb but I've also branched out into other places so! Now it's time to think of Red House Books as more of a hub of all things me! And Me is a hell of a lot of book love!

Stay tuned!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Where Are They Now

Top Ten Tuesdays is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

Hey guys.

Today in Top Ten land we're all talking about childhood characters we'd love to revisit as adults. Characters from our childhood we'd like to check up on now, or characters we've read about recently we'd want to see in ten year or so.

I thought a lot about this topic because often, for me, characters in books tend to stand still in time. They never break out of their stories.

However, I was able to come up with ten four characters whose futures I would love to know about.

Anne from Anne of Green Gables
Now, I know that in reading the complete Anne series, we get to see Anne grow up and even meet her children. What I was thinking though is...what is Anne's family like in present day? What are her great-great-great (?) grandchildren up to. What is Avonlea to the Blythe family now? Does her family tell stories about her? How many descendants does she have?

Harry Potter
Come on - who doesn't what to see what Harry Potter is up to as an adult? That little bit we get of him and his family at the end of The Deadly Hallows? Not nearly enough! Those tidbits Rowling throws out every now and then? Seriously lacking in detail! I want more! I would be happy with 10 more books in the series. 20 more! I don't think I would ever get tired of Harry.

Aislinn from the Wicked Lovely series
This is one of the few longerish series that I actually read all the way to the end - so I know how everything turned out for everyone. There were a lot of loose ends to tie up but everything did 'end'. But what about now? How is Aislinn doing? What is her life like now? How has she adjusted (or not adjusted) to everything?

Cas from The Abyss Surrounds Us
This is a 10 years from now one. Let's just say, I didn't really agree with a lot of Cas's decisions and I wasn't too thrilled with how her story played out and I know there is going to be another book in the series but still. What is Cas like in 10 or 20 years time? Does she still feel the same way about the things she did in her youth?

1 comment:

  1. Definitely yes to Anne of Green Gables and Harry Potter. I haven't read the other books on your list, but visiting Anne and Harry in ten years would be something to look forward to!


    Dena @ Batch of Books

    ReplyDelete



Thanks a bunch for visiting :)