Hello and Welcome!

Red House Books is going through a bit of a update!

I've always had a pretty clear vision of what I wanted this space to be but I've been detoured from my path by...lots and lost of other people's opinions and ways of doing things...

I'm committed to this little chunk of the interweb but I've also branched out into other places so! Now it's time to think of Red House Books as more of a hub of all things me! And Me is a hell of a lot of book love!

Stay tuned!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday, April 27, 2013

On My Reader (30) - April 27, 2013

On My Reader posts are were I highlight recent ebooks I've added to my digital collection :)


Free

October 2012 from Kensington Books
"Four Teenagers. One Destroyed City. Thousands of Infected Predators."

Not everyone loved this book but I wanted to give it a chance. Thriller + male protagonist usually work for me.
Chasers was free when I got it last week. It's only $1.99 now.

July 2011 from Obsidian Mountain Publishing
"She wanted her life to change...he wanted his to stay the same."

Read this awhile ago but couldn't pass up this time!
One of my favorite mer-people books.
Still free and Book 2 is only $2.99

October 2012 from Harper
"Buyer beware..."

I tend to like adult urban fantasy when I actually read it.
I know nothing about this author but the synopsis sort of reminds me of parts of the Wicked Lovely series.
Thought I'd give it a shot while it was free - it's back at full price now.



Bought

February 2013 from the author
"Some things are worth waiting for..."

J. Lynn = Jennifer L. Armentrout. This one is her first New Adult title that she self published. Looks like it's been picked up for print by William Marrow. Paperback release this fall I think?
Armentrout's romances are hit or miss for me but people are swooning over this one. Hope I love it too!

April 2013 from HarperTeen
"A digital original novel that's a suspenseful brew of magic, dark strangers, and witchcraft..."

This one is from Harper's new digital imprint Impulse which focuses on YA short stories and novellas. New ones first Tuesday of every month!
Part 2 will be out soon - both are only $1.99 each. I'm super pumped for more Impulse releases!


For Review from NetGalley

June 2013 from Flux
"It's been four years since I slept, and I suspect it's killing me."

Debut author!!
This one sounds fabulous! Male protag - which I love and it sounds a little on the dark side.
I'll be participating in Johansson's tour - review will post next month.

What did you guys add to your e-readers this week?

8 comments:

  1. I haven't made it to angel's ink, but I've read the short stories that go with it and I was hooked. I have it on my stack to get through in May, I am sure you will like it. (I bought all of Drake's other series when they went on sale for .99)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo - I didn't know about the short stories. Going to have to go find those!

      Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Wait for You by J. Lynn sounds good, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I'm really curious about this one.

      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  3. You have a very ecletic taste and got the impulse to request evrything from Netgalley tamed this wee, only one book is pretty good. Hope you like it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol - thanks!

      I don't think I'll do as well in weeks to come when it comes to NetGalley - I'm so weak!

      Delete
  4. I picked up those freebies as well and I love the look of Insomnia, but I'm trying not to request too much from Netgalley right now. I hope you enjoy them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle!
      Freebies are really hard to pass up, aren't they?
      :)

      Delete



Thanks a bunch for visiting :)