Hello and Welcome!

Red House Books is going through a bit of a update!

I've always had a pretty clear vision of what I wanted this space to be but I've been detoured from my path by...lots and lost of other people's opinions and ways of doing things...

I'm committed to this little chunk of the interweb but I've also branched out into other places so! Now it's time to think of Red House Books as more of a hub of all things me! And Me is a hell of a lot of book love!

Stay tuned!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Fill Up Those Shelves: My August Recommendations

Says one book addict to another:

Isn't it time you hit the stores and showed your bookshelves a little love?

If you only buy a few books this month, 
I HIGHLY recommend these August releases :)




The Wednesday's by Julie Bourbeau
Why I love it:
It's fun and quirky and exactly what a book aimed at middle grade readers should be in my opinion. At it's core it's a mystery story and the suspense was fantastic.

Skylark by Meagan Spooner
Why I love it:
A dystopian world mixed with magic! The characters are awesome and the story line original. I had a hard time putting this one down as it was so easy to get completed immersed in the story. I seriously didn't want it to end and when it did I was a little shaken - in a good way. A perfect debut!

Beautiful Lies by Jessica Warman
Why I love it:
A true blow your mind completely away type of story - right up until the very end. The suspense was amazing and the thrill of it all made for a fast paced fantastic read. I have yet to be disappointed by Jessica and I'm eager to get my hands on all her books!

False Memory by Dan Krokos
Why I love it:
I believe I've said this book was freaken awesome about a million times now - because it is! It's an out of this world yet right in your backyard type of story with a stellar cast of characters. An ending that leaves so much open to explore yet ties up a lot of loose ends very awesomely. Awesome awesome awesome! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment



Thanks a bunch for visiting :)