Hello and Welcome!

Red House Books is going through a bit of a update!

I've always had a pretty clear vision of what I wanted this space to be but I've been detoured from my path by...lots and lost of other people's opinions and ways of doing things...

I'm committed to this little chunk of the interweb but I've also branched out into other places so! Now it's time to think of Red House Books as more of a hub of all things me! And Me is a hell of a lot of book love!

Stay tuned!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Fill Up Those Shelves: My June and July Recommendations

Says one book addict to another:
Isn't it time you hit the stores and showed your bookshelves a little love?

Here are some June and July releases that come highly recommended - by me!



Monument 14 by Emmy Laybourne
Why I love it:
The real life situations freaked me out in just the right ways. We have an apocalyptic world on day 1 and there are so many possibilities! Lots of unknowns with lots of puzzle pieces to find and realistic characters that stick with you long after you finish reading.
Emmy is a debut author and Monument 14 is the first in a series. The ending was killer and book 2 is going to be an automatic buy for me.
(my full review)

A Midsummer's Nightmare by Kody Keplinger
Why I love it:
It's a contemporary story that doesn't shy away from the truth. So very hard to love the MC but her strength and her sass are hard to ignore.
Real issues are dealt with - sex, substance abuse, neglect, abandonment.
I read this one cover to cover in one sitting.
Very full of emotion - very much a book you won't soon forget.

Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
Why I love it:
A fantasy world with so many elements. Magic and power warring with each other and our MC gets caught right in the middle. A world I would never want to find myself in, yet it's also a world I found myself fascinated with. Bad guys that got under my skin, good guys that I was routing for the entire time - this book is full of so much win!
Leigh is a debut author and Shadow and Bone is the first in a series.
Young adult fantasy at it's best.The hype around this one is totally worth it!
(my full review)

Temptation by R.L. Stine
Why I love it:
A must have for any R.L. Stine fans in my opinion. A collection of 3 stories - Goodnight Kiss, Goodnight Kiss 2 and The Vampire Club.
R.L. Stine is one of my favorite authors and I don't care how many times they repackage his books - I have to have them all!
I read Goodnight Kiss 1 and 2 as a tween and I loved them! Vampires that don't sparkle!
I already got my copy and it looks beautiful on my shelve next to all my Stine 'classics' :)

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely adored Shadow and Bone! I can't wait to read a Midsummer's Nightmare because I read The Duff by Kody Keplinger and really enjoyed it. (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have The Duff and after reading Midsummer's Nightmare I'm really looking forward to more from Kody :)

      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. I could not agree more about Monument 14 and Shadow and Bone...both amazing reads!

    ReplyDelete



Thanks a bunch for visiting :)