Hello and Welcome!

Red House Books is going through a bit of a update!

I've always had a pretty clear vision of what I wanted this space to be but I've been detoured from my path by...lots and lost of other people's opinions and ways of doing things...

I'm committed to this little chunk of the interweb but I've also branched out into other places so! Now it's time to think of Red House Books as more of a hub of all things me! And Me is a hell of a lot of book love!

Stay tuned!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Monthly Reads - May 2011

May was pretty amazing. With the start of Spring and BEA and visiting with my family in New York, I had a really great month. I didn't do so well in the reading department. I did however add 2 groupings to my totals. You'll probably see more children's book reviews on the blog because NetGalley + Picture Books + Daughter who loves books + iPad = very much awesomeness!
Need to get back into a regular reading program - like setting aside an hour every night just for reading (and no computer!). We'll see :)

Oh - and I'm so post dating this post back to June 1st...because I'm a little OCD and my Monthly Reads post needs to be the first one of every month :)

Ok - so on to the books!

Books read (number of pages):
Rage (The Horseman of the Apocalypse: The Rider's Quartet #2) by Jackie Kessler (213)
OyMG by Amy Fellner Dominy (256)
Instructions for a Broken Heart by Kim Culbertson (304)
Wonderstruck by Brian Selznick (608)

Short Stories (number of pages):
Turned at Dark (Shadow Hills #0.5) by C.C. Hunter (71)
Hare Moon (The Forest of Hands and Teeth #0.5) by Carrie Ryan (27)
Giovanni's Farewell by Claudia Gray (from Enthralled anthology)  (26)
Scenic Route by Carrie Ryan (from Enthralled anthology) (28)

Graphic Novels:
Spirited Away Vol 1 by Hayao Miyazaki
Spirited Away Vol 2 by Hayao Miyazaki
Spirited Away Vol 3 by Hayao Miyazaki
Spirited Away Vol 4 by Hayao Miyazaki
Spirited Away Vol 5 by Hayao Miyazaki
The First Escape (The Dopple Ganger Chronicles #1) by G.P. Taylor
The Secret of Indigo Moon (The Dopple Ganger Chronicles #2) by G.P. Taylor

Children's Books:
The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn
A Pocket Full of Kisses by Audrey Penn
A Kiss Goodbye by Audrey Penn

Audio Books (length):
The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff (10 hours)

Monthly Totals:
BOOKS READ: 4
SHORT STORIES: 4
PAGES: 1533
GRAPHIC NOVELS: 7
AUDIO BOOKS: 1
HOURS: 10

Challenge Updates
Yearly Totals

No comments:

Post a Comment



Thanks a bunch for visiting :)