Hello and Welcome!

Red House Books is going through a bit of a update!

I've always had a pretty clear vision of what I wanted this space to be but I've been detoured from my path by...lots and lost of other people's opinions and ways of doing things...

I'm committed to this little chunk of the interweb but I've also branched out into other places so! Now it's time to think of Red House Books as more of a hub of all things me! And Me is a hell of a lot of book love!

Stay tuned!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday, February 6, 2011

In My Mailbox - February 6, 2011

In My Mailbox is hosted by The Story Siren :)

Hello my lovelies! How was your week? Mine was snowy! Wanna see?

That pink little dot in the middle is my daughter and that red thing behind all the snow is my house!
Also, see that hard working guy on the left? That's my boyfriend clearing room from around our mailbox because he loves me and knows I get cranky when we can't get our mail :) hehe

I've only had 1 full week of work in the last 4...not that I'm complaining or anything.

Very happy that the mail was still running this week!
Here's what I got
Links are to Goodreads

For Review:
Revolution: The Year I Fell In Love And Went To Join The War by Deb Olin Unferth -- I've been neglecting the non-fiction genre for far too long - can't wait to start this one

Under The Green Hill by Laura L. Sullivan -- 2010 Debut Author. Laura worked very hard trying to get me this copy! Happy it arrived!

Where I Belong by Gwendolyn Heasley -- 2011 Debut Author. Modern contemporary story - I haven't been reading enough of this genre lately

Big Thanks to Henry Holt, Laura Sullivan and Katie from Little Bird Publicity + HarperCollins

PaperbackSwap and BookMooch:
The Queen in Winter by various authors -- including my all time favorite author Sharon Shinn

The Everafter by Amy Huntley -- this one has been on my wishlist forever!

The Vampire Diaries Vol 2 The Struggle and Vol 3 The Fury -- beat up and loved and just how I remember my long lost copies from so many years ago

Bought:
Unearthly by Cynthia Hand -- 2011 debut author :) Also, in person, the cover is amazingly beautiful

And last but certainly not least! (and also not pictured because Gae would eat me alive!) hehe
ARC of The Pull of Gravity by Gae Polisner!
AND an adorable little troll necklace - made me smile :)
Thank you so much Gae!!
If you haven't seen it already, here is the pic of the finished copy, coming out in May by Farra Straus Giroux

So, what's in your mailbox?

12 comments:

  1. oh, the snow! the snow! hurt my eyes! luckily, the lovely book covers made everything feel better. :) (good boyfriend, you get a 5 minute back massage. tell Emily I said so. ;))

    As for the troll, if you want to, Emily, I'm starting a little troll sightings album on my fb author page. If you want to take a fun/silly photo and email it to me, feel free. I like feeling troll-connected out there in the book universe. :)

    Hope you love TPoG. I know you've been anticipating... and I look forward to your review, whatever the outcome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many great books this week. I'll have to check out that non-fiction Revolution book. I'll look forward to your reviews. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have so much reading to do now :) I look forward to your reviews. Can't wait to see your review on Unearthly, I'm reading it right now and can't wait to see what others think of it. Have fun reading. Here's my IMM if you want to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVED Unearthly!! I hope you do, too! :)

    Jasmine
    Our IMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree! I ADORE the cover of Unearthly. Man that's a lot of snow! I hope you don't get anymore. :( Looks like a lot of work for your bf.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHERE I BELONG is definitely on my list of books to read in 2011. I adore the cover!

    Here's what's in my mailbox this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait until my copy of Where I Belong comes in the mail. I loved Unearthly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm impressed the mailman made all those trips! When I used to live in Saskatchewan there was always a week or two over the winter where we'd get so snowed in that our mail wouldn't be delivered. You know its bad when!
    TheDiaryofaBookworm.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great books this week. Love all the snow! We are suppose to be getting alot this week here. And I know it might sound crazy, I am I looking forward to it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. wish we have snow here. i wanna get unearthly!!

    happy reading!
    iamjenai

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally agree about the cover from Unearthly! It's so much prettier in person!

    ReplyDelete



Thanks a bunch for visiting :)