Hello and Welcome!

Red House Books is going through a bit of a update!

I've always had a pretty clear vision of what I wanted this space to be but I've been detoured from my path by...lots and lost of other people's opinions and ways of doing things...

I'm committed to this little chunk of the interweb but I've also branched out into other places so! Now it's time to think of Red House Books as more of a hub of all things me! And Me is a hell of a lot of book love!

Stay tuned!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, February 8, 2010

Book Review: Artemis Fowl The Graphic Novel by Eoin Colfer


Title: Artemis Fowl: The Graphic Novel
Adapted by: Eoin Colfer and Andrew Donkin
Art by: Giovanni Rigano
Color by: Paolo Lamanna
Publication Date: October 2007
Genre: MG Graphic Novel
Age:10+
Pages: 112
Series: Yes (see below)
Book Acquisition: PaperBackSwap
My Rating: 5/5 stars

In 2001, audiences first met and fell in love with a twelve-year-old criminal mastermind named Artemis Fowl. Since then, the series has sold over seven million copies in the United States alone. Now, this phenomenally successful series is being translated into a graphic novel format. Eoin Colfer has teamed up with established comic writer Andrew Donkin to adapt the text. For the first time, rabid fans will be able to see what Foaly's tin hat looks like; discover just how "Beet" Root got his name; and of course, follow their favorite criminal mastermind as he plots and connives in action-packed, full-color panels.

The Artemis Fowl series have got to be some of my favorite middle grade books of all time. I loved every one of them and I hope there aren’t plans to end the series soon :)

Artemis Fowl: The Graphic Novel is just that – the first book in the series in graphic novel form. Some might say this is silly but I thought it was brilliant. I loved seeing some of my favorite characters in full color staring back up at me from the pages. This book is really beautiful.

The story line doesn’t differ from that of the original novel. I didn’t learn anything new about the characters but the experience of seeing their story told in picture form was fabulous.
I would recommend this book to any fans of Artemis. I would also recommend this book to anyone who hasn’t read the full series but wants a taste of what you’ve been missing. I also would recommend this book to young male readers. I know it’s hard sometimes to get young boys to read. If they try this graphic novel and love it – give them the second full novel to try. This series really drags you in and keeps you wanting more.

And there are so many books! Between the full novel series, the graphic novels and the extras – so many wonderful stories and I love it!

The Series:
Books:
1. Artemis Fowl (2001)
2. The Artic Incident (2002)
3. The Eternity Code (2003)
4. The Opal Deception (2005)
5. The Lost Colony (2006)
6. The Time Paradox (2008)
7. The Atlantis Complex (2010)
Graphic Novels:
1. Artiemis Fowl (2007)
2. The Artic Incident (2009)
Extras:
The Seventh Dwarf (2004)
The Artemis Fowl Files (2004)

Linkage Love:
Hyperion Books for Children
Author's Website

2 comments:

  1. I can NOT believe I haven't read this yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love stories This particular is usually apparently essential and moreover outstanding truth along with for sure fair-minded and moreover admittedly useful My business is looking to find in advance designed for this specific useful stuffs…

    ReplyDelete



Thanks a bunch for visiting :)