Hello and Welcome!

Red House Books is going through a bit of a update!

I've always had a pretty clear vision of what I wanted this space to be but I've been detoured from my path by...lots and lost of other people's opinions and ways of doing things...

I'm committed to this little chunk of the interweb but I've also branched out into other places so! Now it's time to think of Red House Books as more of a hub of all things me! And Me is a hell of a lot of book love!

Stay tuned!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday, September 12, 2009

In My Mailbox - Sept 13, 2009

In My Mailbox is hosted by The Story Siren :)

Only a couple this week but I'm pretty excited about them!


I love Margaret Atwood and this sounded so good! Got it from BookMooch.

"With the same stunning blend of prophecy and social satire she brought to her classic The Handmaid’s Tale, Margaret Atwood gives us a keenly prescient novel about the future of humanity—and its present." (from paperbackswap)




Started reading this one already and it's goooood!
Can you believe I got this one from BookMooch as well! It just came out a few months ago and it's on a ton of wishlists.

"Harvard graduate student Connie Goodwin needs to spend her summer doing research for her doctoral dissertation. But when her mother asks her to handle the sale of Connie's grandmother's abandoned home near Salem, she can't refuse. As she is drawn deeper into the mysteries of the family house, Connie discovers an ancient key secreted within a seventeenth-century Bible. The key contains a yellowing fragment of parchment with a name written upon it: Deliverance Dane. This discovery launches Connie on a quest to find out who this woman was, and to unearth a rare colonial artifact of singular power: a physick book, its pages a secret repository for lost knowledge of herbs and other, stranger things.
As the pieces of Deliverance's harrowing story begin to fall into place, Connie is haunted by visions of the long-ago witch trials, and begins to fear that she is more tied to Salem's dark past then she could have ever imagined." (from paperbackswap.com)

Feeling the Mooch love this week!

What's in your mailbox?

3 comments:

  1. I keep looking at Physick Book of deliverance dane - will await your review to make the final verdict of whether to buy:)

    ReplyDelete



Thanks a bunch for visiting :)